Where's Lefty

I attend many events (NYPC, Meetup, Meetin, NexusCafe, The Lunch Club & private ones) weekly in the New York City area. Here is a review of some of them. For the Meetup reviews the ratings are out of a possible 5 with 5 being the best. Please post comments here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy you know.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Café Cards with the Boardgames & Cardgames Meetup

Saturday, June 24th 2006

Most days I go to at least one Meetup, today is a triple header.

I start out with Café Cards at a Cosi on 7th Avenue between 36th & 37th. I've been to many other Cosi's in the City before, but this was an excellent choice for this Meetup. It has a fairly large upstairs balcony with many tables. The group pretty much took over the entire area and set up different board and card games. This group also has two other board and card game nights during the month so this was like a bonus gathering. Steef, the regular organizer couldn't make it, so Joe assistant organized. Many games had already begun by the time I had gotten there, but fortunately, Mark brought Mille Bornes and we were able to start a six person game. I hadn't played it for nearly 40 years (yes, I'm THAT old!) We then moved onto two different groups of three to play Hearts. There were also people playing Scrabble, Settlers of Catan and other very interesting looking games. No wonder the major complaint on the Meetup feedback board was that people wanted to stay longer than six hours, some wanting it to go for at least eight!

I was only able to stay a couple of hours as I had to move on to other Meetups.

Meetup: Boardgames & Cardgames
Approximate # of Attendees: 22
Organizer: Steef
Venue: Cosi
Venue Rating: 5
Attendee Quality Rating: 5
Organizer Rating: 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home