Where's Lefty

I attend many events (NYPC, Meetup, Meetin, NexusCafe, The Lunch Club & private ones) weekly in the New York City area. Here is a review of some of them. For the Meetup reviews the ratings are out of a possible 5 with 5 being the best. Please post comments here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy you know.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Graphic Design and Visual Arts

Saturday, June 24th 2006

On to the next Meetup which is one that I've wanted to make for about a year now. I'm so glad I finally did. As small as the group was, it was a great bunch of people. The theme of this meeting was to showcase the work you've done. So-Yeon brought her laptop so those that did not bring hard copies of their work could show their projects online as Silk Road Mocha offers free Wi-Fi. Silk Road Mocha is located at 30 Mott Street is a great Vegan cafe that specializes in Bubble Tea.

Alas, I could only stay for about an hour as I had to go back up to 43rd for dinner.

My only suggestion for the organizer is that she printout a table sign from the promote section on Meetup so that people could easily find the Meetup. Ironically, there was another Meetup meeting at the table next to this one that had a sign and when I walked in, I thought it was one big group broken up into two different tables.

Meetup: Graphic Design and Visual Arts
Approximate # of Attendees: 7
Organizer: So-Yeon
Venue: Silk Road Mocha
Venue Rating: 5
Attendee Quality Rating: 5
Organizer Rating: 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home