Where's Lefty

I attend many events (NYPC, Meetup, Meetin, NexusCafe, The Lunch Club & private ones) weekly in the New York City area. Here is a review of some of them. For the Meetup reviews the ratings are out of a possible 5 with 5 being the best. Please post comments here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy you know.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sushi & Japanese Food Enthusiasts Meetup

Saturday, June 24th 2006

I arrive at the third and final Meetup of the day hungry and glad I have an unlimited Metrocard (the most I've accomplished is 11 transfers in a two hour period. Anyone need subway or bus directions?)

This is one of my favorite Meetups as it combines two of my passions, Japanese food & Sake. The organizer Tai had picked a fantastic location, Sakagura. It should be noted that this is a Sake bar that also offers some food, and they state no Sushi. They do offer a Sashimi platter and other small Japanese style appetizers and plates. In addition to some of the appetizers that we shared we did order two of the Sashimi platters for the group. Those of us who drank Sake were very glad I had chosen a bottle of Dassai Junmai Ginjo.

Meetup: Sushi & Japanese Food Enthusiasts
Approximate # of Attendees: 6
Organizer: Tai
Venue: Sakagura
Venue Rating: 5
Attendee Quality Rating: 5
Organizer Rating: 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home