Where's Lefty

I attend many events (NYPC, Meetup, Meetin, NexusCafe, The Lunch Club & private ones) weekly in the New York City area. Here is a review of some of them. For the Meetup reviews the ratings are out of a possible 5 with 5 being the best. Please post comments here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy you know.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Movies Critics Meetup - CHICK FLICK NIGHT

Monday, June 26th 2006

This sounded like a great idea, a movie in a semi-private atmosphere with comfortable seats, a good sound system and the freedom to eat and drink what we wanted to.

OK, I'm going to be a critic of the critics. I'm really serious about my movie viewing and was glad that the group picked a movie that I haven't seen. What I wasn't glad about was that not everyone was into watching the movie, and some of those that did, couldn't shut up or keep their phone/palm away. If you are going to have a movie viewing night, do so. If you want to have a social night where you stand around a bar and drink then schedule another night to do so. Further compounding my frustration was the fact the DVD copy that was rented was probably in bad shape and stopped twice during the movie, and finally during the end credits which had additional scenes that were kinda critical to the movie that we didn't get to see. Now I have to dig out my DVD copy of the movie to see the end.

Eric was a great host and offered us free Jello-Shots before the movie and pizza during the movie. Way to go Eric! Maybe next time more people will show up to enjoy his excellent hosting.

Crime Scene was great. Good beer and one of the cleanest bathrooms I ever seen.

Meetup: Movies Critics Meetup
Approximate # of Attendees: 20
Organizer: Eric
Venue: Crime Scene Bar
Venue Rating: 4
Attendee Quality Rating: 4
Organizer Rating: 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home